Theatre Revolution is proud to announce submissions are open for
Glass Ceiling Breakers: 2024 A Festival of Short Plays and Films by Women Artists!
GCB 2024 is scheduled for June 14, 15 and 16, 2024 at the Philipstown Depot Theatre in Garrison NY.
Submission guidelines for films can be found on Film Freeway where all films must be submitted. Click image for full details:
Films selected for Best of the Fest will have an additional screening at the Bedford Playhouse in Fall of 2024
Submission guidelines for plays:
● Plays must be written by female or female identifying playwrights.
● Plays should be no more than 12 pages (excluding the title page) in standard play format. Type size (12) with 1” margins. (longer plays will not be read)
● Save File as follows in PDF only: LAST NAME_TITLE OF PLAY_GCB24
● Please only submit plays that have not been produced in Westchester or Putnam Counties NY from June 2023 to June 2024. Readings are ok.
● All plays must be received by 11:59pm on January 24, 2024.
● Playwrights may submit up to 2 plays.
● Monologues are accepted but we prefer plays. Monologues should not be more
than 3 pages.
● BIPOC playwrights are strongly encouraged to submit.
Playwrights will be informed in mid-March
Plays can be submitted here: https://forms.gle/4QrFhRRTPLZf1Ynv7
If selected, playwrights are responsible for producing their play. There is no compensation for plays or films. Theatre Revolution may provide some production assistance (not financial) in some or all of the following areas: casting, directing, rehearsals, props, etc.
In all cases, Theatre Revolution will provide limited set pieces, lighting and sound equipment, and production staff.
There will be a mandatory pre-production meeting via ZOOM for all playwrights or their representatives in March 2024. Questions? Email us. firstname.lastname@example.org We are looking forward to reading your work!